Friday, November 16, 2012
11/16/2012 06:05:00 PM
my blog has been so dead for ages. But i guess i shall make a quick post before i leave this behind until probably december
I feel like A levels is upon me again. BUT THIS IS 10000000000x worse D: sighpie. I have a TON of backlog, just like A levels period.
But the difference is firstly, i don't even know how the heck so much information has been crammed into 13 weeks. Which is probably why every week there is a crazy mountain of readings, which i let pile up. The amount of material and information there is is almost the same as like our A level subjects content that we spent 2 years building up. holy omg crap. I guess that is the amount that happens when for one criminal law class, the professor tells you to read 24 cases and 3 textbook chapters (the textbook amounts to 90 plus pages for 3 chapters if you're lucky) and the cases that you must summarize for yourself can range from 30 pages to 115 pages depending on how verbose the judge decides to be -.-
And the second difference is, I HAVE FREAKING ONE WEEK TO STUDY FOR ALL THESE SUBJECTS. A levels i spent months catching up and still didn't finish. zomg. what are my chances.
Okay rant over. But anyway, finally finally projects are almost over. I think i've done PW 9 times over this semester.
1 Technology and World Change (TWC) group report and presentation
3 Different Creative thinking projects. Each one involving a video/skit/content/script/report (so i count them separately)
2 Contract Law projects. Both involve a very detailed written report that can go into very many pages, while one of the two involve oral presentation.
2 Criminal law projects. Both involve a detailed written report as well as an oral presentation.
1 Legal Systems, Legal Method and Legal Analysis (LSLMA) project: yet another WR +OP combo
FML. and they expect us to be able to study????? they think we're superhuman ah. crazy shit.
And then i think i've submitted 3 major individual assignments this sem also. (this makes me think of the Performance Tasks back in RGS, except those included group work while this one is separate from group work... thus doubling the workload wts.)
1 LSLMA paper (chiong-typed it from 5.30am to 10.28am. LOL 10.30am deadline. but spent 1 day before that reading the material)
1 TWC 12-page report: hahaha begged amos to help me do 1 page worth quite awhile back. But ended up chionging every other damn thing the night before deadline. Wah siao, walked into class after submitting 1 min before deadline and the prof was like "oh guys, i extended the deadline, you can now all go make edits." didn't know whether to laugh, cry or fall asleep.
1 Creative Thinking "creative profile" that is actually a shit hell of a project. 14 individual reflections (i think i have like 14,000 words there #spoil-the-market lololol. And out of these 14 things, also produced a freaking music/dance product plus did 2 drawings. At least my drawings i reused my old ones heh.
Okay so i pulled 3 all-nighters in the space of the past 3 consecutive weeks for the above projects. Why the freak am i so last minute. I really don't understand. Have never pulled so many all-nighters before in my life in such close proximity to each other. Back in JC, i pulled like 1 all-nighter a year. And in secondary school, i pulled 1 all-nighter in 4 years. Holy crap man. The increase in workload is exponential haha. And i thought JC was bad.
Anyway, I really don't understand why because I haven't been going out even. In this entire 4 months, I have gone out especially just for an outing (aka just a movie/lunch/dinner/hang out) like once. (comparatively in JC, every other week). And the thing is, I even have a 4-day weekend, but can spend thurs, fri, sat and even sunday in school. Also, the amount of times I've eaten good food at some random cafe/restaurant with friends is like countable on the fingers of one hand. It's like a given, every day i just eat lousy foodcourt food in school. And i don't even notice because always there's another assignment or grp meeting to rush to.
Gah. so in short, yknow the saying that in school life there are 3 things to be balanced? There's Social Life, Grades and Sleep. Seems like I'm somehow MISSING ALL FREAKING 3. LOL. because i have immense backlog (which might mean my grades are going to disappear), no social life to speak of, and sleep is sometimes there, and most often not. :/ eep.
So, to end of this depressing post... Hoping to see my homies and good friends in december 20smth. Hahaha finals start in a week, then when they end on dec 4th, I'm going on overseas cip to thailand till the 21st or 22nd dec. Haha oh yea, ok i guess im lucky to have the overseas cip thing... I can't wait for that actually, have always wondered what building concrete structures and helping children in a far-off land is like, seeing as all the CIP experiences i had so far have been local.
Leave a comment: 0 comment(s)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment